1.05.2010

movies as inspiration: pillow talk


{ image via here }

Monday, January 4, 2010
movies as inspiration: pillow talk
~ 

I have always adored old movies. Pillow talk is one of those movies that feels like a time capsule of the late 1950s with its dated views of sexuality and feminism- but I adore it none the less.  Here's my updated take on the movie as inspiration...

{ image via imdb}

 Having a landline might soon go the way of the party line but for now these adorable throwback phones make me want to curl up in my bed for long chats just like Ms. Day. 


{ image via here}



{ image via here}



{ image via here }
of course, just like Ms. Day I want to cozy up with my retro phone in some fantastic pajamas (how chic is her mandarin collar!)

{ image via l.l. bean }

sensible pima cotton flannel nightgown? 



{ image via saks }
or this Natori blush pink  nightgown. 



{ image via here  }
When it was time to go out Ms. Day always looked polished. I think the modern take on her white gown would make the Rock Hudson in your life swoon- no matter his sexual orientation.


{ image via net-a-porter }

{ cute shoes  via kate spade}



{ image via j.crew  }

{ beautiful caplet  via here  -i am not endorsing  fur }