4.10.2010

turban talk

Saturday, April 10,  2010
turban talk
~
Okay- I have a secret. I love the 1940's turban and I desperately want to wear one. I know there was a failed attempt to bring them back in 2008- I DON'T CARE.   I need a turban.

I have a few concerns:
  1. They are very difficult to pull off. . . (i'm talking to you, SJP)
  2. I have rather dark skin and very dark hair and I already have a terrible time getting through airports. 
  3. Is it culturally insensitive?
  4.  Miuccia Prada could not make the turban chic- does that mean it's simply not chic?
  5. Will I be too warm- I rarely wear hats and it's spring? What about hat head?
Here are some images that make me want to give the turban a try.
{Rike Feurstein,  solange turban via Open Ceremony}
{image via Garance Dore}
{Rachel Roy via Style}
{stylist Lykke Li via here
{i've had my eye on this turban from My Sugarland}