3.04.2010

on hosting: a bridal tea


{images via me}
Thursday, February 4, 2010
oh hosting: a bridal tea
~
I'm hosting a bridal shower for my dear friend in a couple of weeks. I thought I would share some of my inspiration - and the digital invitation (above). There is nothing better than champagne and an excuse to wear a frilly dress! 
{images left to right: teacups: martha stewart, heels: karen miller,  party dress: kate spade, champagne: veuve clicquot, monogrammed cups: williams-sonoman, royal stationary: crane, gorgeous macaroons: laudree}

UPDATE: Here are some photos from the shower...It was a lovely affair and a lot of fun. . .


My co-host made fun pom poms (à la Martha Stewart) to add some fun pops of color to the party.

The arrangements were from Ultra Violet Flowers in DC. The bride to be loves lavender and birds so the florist incorporated branches and purple flowers.


We got mini citrus bundt cakes and carrot cake cupcakes- the brides favorite. To keep things healthy we added fruit (no one touched it but it looked pretty)

My fellow hostess made an angel food cake from scratch and covered it with fresh whip cream and strawberries. We also had a citrus frisée salad and two kinds of quiche.