3.31.2010

jury duty



Wednesday, March 31, 2010
jury duty
~
I spent today at the DC Federal Court House performing my civic duty- a little bit annoyed for the disruption, a little bit excited about the prospect of being selected. Most of my day was spend watching the Pelican Brief which played continuously on a tv in the Juror's Lounge (not as glamorous as it sounds). I was not selected, but I had time to select my top five law movies of all time.
5. A CIVIL ACTION
4. TWELVE ANGRY MEN
3. PEOPLE v. LARRY FLINT
2. INHERIT THE WIND
1. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
A few good movies I should have seen by now:

THE VERDICT 
{5 Oscar nominations, one sexy lawyer via here}

MY COUSIN VINNY
{entertaining and oscar worthy via here}
ANATOMY OF A MURDER
{classic court drama at its finest via here}
KRAMER v. KRAMER
{Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep. There's nothing more to say}
A FEW GOOD MEN

{An angry Jack Nicholson? I can handle that!}